What is Correos Chile?
Correos de Chile, or Chile Post, is the national postal enterprise of Chile. It is a state-owned autonomous entity. It works as a universal postal service and is involved in mailing, courier services (national and international), and money transfers.
Chile Post was established in 1750. Earlier it used to handle both telegraph and postal services and later the telegraph services were made a separate entity. The central office of Correos Chile is located in Santiago.
Chile Post office assumes complete responsibility for the transportation and delivery of the shipment, without any damage or misuse of the item transported. If the service provider fails to deliver the package, it will be returned to the sender.
Services Provided by Correos Chile
The following are important services provided by Correos Chile:
- Packages – National and International. The service includes Express AM, Express Address, and Express Branch Package.
- National and International Money Order. It is an express money sending service. Chile Post makes use of a fast, safe, and reliable process for the transfer of money. Using the international service, you can send money to destinations in more than 200 countries.
- Private Boxes. These are private receptacles into which you can receive packages throughout the country in the post office branches and affiliated agencies.
How to Track Correos Chile Shipments?
All the packages moved by Correos Chile have a unique chile post tracking number, using which you can track the status of your packages anytime and anywhere. The tracking is done online. The only thing you need to do is to enter the tracking code into the space given for shipment tracking on the carrier’s official website and click the search icon. The results will be displayed within seconds, with all the details you need to know.
You can also call the customer service section on 600 950 2020 or 22 295030 to check the status of your package. Another option is to drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, inquiring about the status of your shipment.
Points to Remember while Transporting Packages via Chile Post
- There are certain items like narcotic drugs, explosives, live animals, dangerous goods, coins and currencies, precious metals, etc. which you cannot transport using the courier service.
- The shipment costs will vary with location, type of the package, type of the service used, and the size and weight of the package.
- For international shipments, you will have to pay customs duties for packages above their specified value, and sometimes the authorities may open and verify the contents of your packages.
Correos Chile Tracking Using Pkge.net
If you are using more than one courier or postal service provider to move your parcels around, you may find it difficult to look for all of them and visit the website of each and every service provider. Pkge.net provides you with the most convenient option to track all your goods in one place.
Advantages of Using Pkge.net
- The site can track most of the courier and postal services across the world.
- It provides fast, reliable, and real-time results.
- Pkge.net has very handy Android and iOS apps, using which you can track all your shipments on the go.