- How to Track a UPS Package?
- What does a UPS tracking number look like?
UPS is one of the leading courier corporations. The company ships to almost all the countries on earth. Moreover, its shipping and delivery processes are accessible to those who follow the procedures. Here, you will learn more about its various shipping and tracking solutions. You will also understand how PKGE.net can assist you in tracking your parcels from UPS and other leading companies such as USPS, FedEx, DHL, Australia Post, China Post, EMS, Royal Mail, Amazon, Speed Post, Purolator and AliExpress Shipping.
How to Track a UPS Package?
UPS tracking is an easy process, you can check the status of your shipments 24/7, all you need is the package tracking number.
Once you have it:
- use the search bar at the top of this page;
- enter the UPS tracking number in the search bar, without including any dashes or spaces;
- click on the Search button;
- view the history and status information of your package.
To conduct this tracing process, you should log on to the UPS website. There, you will enter your tracking or InfoNotice number in the tracking window found on the screen’s left side. From there, you will select “track” and get redirection to a page that offers all the tracking information. On the Tracking Details page, you add text message alerts by choosing the Request Status Updates. UPS mail tracking is simple.
UPS Tracking Information
The Tracking Details page is accessed from the Tracking Summary. On this page, you view the shipping and tracking information for a specific package.
The displayed shipping information includes:
- Status: Package status;
- Scheduled Delivery: Month, Day, Year;
- Sent to: Address Information;
- Sent or Invoiced: Dispatch / Invoice Date;
- Tracking number: 1Z number;
- Service type: Service name;
- Weight: Appropriate measure (US pounds or kilograms);
- Multiple packages: Number of packages with a link to Show All.
Tracking data displayed includes:
- Date: The date of the activity shown on this line item;
- Time: The time to complete the action shown in the given line item;
- Location: The location of the activity shown in this row;
- Activity: A single event (eg, departure scan, arrival scan, unload scan) during a shipment. From the list of scanned actions, you can get a picture of the progress of delivery of each package from the point of departure to the destination.
What does a UPS tracking number look like?
The UPS Tracking Number for US domestic packages typically starts with 1Z, followed by a 6-digit sender number (alphanumeric), a 2-digit Service Level Indicator, and finally an 8-digit package identification number, 18 characters in total.
UPS also tracks the following types of tracking numbers, which have seven to 20 characters:
- Delivery Order Number / Sub-PRO: Tracking numbers for Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) / and Truckload (TL) shipments.
- House Air Waybill: Used for air freight shipments.
- House Bill of Lading: Used for ocean freight.
- PRO number: used for ground freight movement.
- UPS Information Notice: A bar-coded notice, which includes a 12-digit reference number, given on the first delivery attempt in some countries.
- UPS Service Notice: A notice sent on the first delivery attempt in some countries.
UPS Mail Innovations Tracking Numbers
You can track your UPS Mail Innovations shipment on both ups.com and upsmi.com UPS Mail Innovations tracking numbers differ from small package tracking numbers in length and terminology.
UPS Mail Innovations Tracking Numbers come in the following formats:
- United States Postal Service Delivery Confirmation Number: The numeric identifier 22-34 assigned by the United States Postal Service when a delivery confirmation request is requested.
- Serial Number (MMS / MMI Number): An 18-digit number assigned internally by UPS Mail Innovations or UPS Worldship.
- Mail Innovations Compliant Package ID: The barcode type identifier assigned by the shipper to each mail piece using the structure below:
This indicator consists of the following three components:
MI - UPS Mail Innovations Indicator
ZZZZZZZZ - is a unique 6-digit customer number assigned by UPS Mail Innovations
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - is a unique number, up to 22 characters, assigned by the shipper to identify the mail item. Use alphabetic and / or numeric characters without spaces or symbols. The same identifier should not be reused for other mailings for at least six months.
Can You Track A Package Without a Tracking Number UPS?
Yes, you can conduct UPS tracking without a tracking number.
1. Sign up for UPS My Choice.
- Visit https://www.ups.com/us/en/services/tracking/mychoice.page.
- Once you go to the registration page, enter your personal information and confirm your address.
- The free version of My Choice allows you to track your packages without a tracking number.
- The premium membership will allow you to change your recipient address and delivery date.
2. Log in to https://www.ups.com
- Visit the UPS website and click "Login" at the top of the page.
- Enter the information you used to register your account and click "Login."
- Once you are logged in, you can view all your pending packages by clicking the Tracking tab at the top of the page. UPS will show you a list of all packages being sent and received to or from your address.
3. Tracking by UPS Reference
When you create a shipment, you can assign a link, such as a purchase order number or customer number (up to 35 characters), to help track the shipment without entering a tracking number.
Can You Track a UPS Package By Address?
Definitely, you can use your address to track your UPS package instead of conducting UPS tracking by tracking number. You may track your items using the company’s “Track by Reference” feature on the company’s website to track your incoming package.
What is UPS Shipment ID?
A UPS shipment ID is a unique number identifying an air freight shipment. UPS assigns this number to all its shipments, and users can utilize it to monitor their orders as they move through the shipping process to their desired destinations.
How to Find a UPS Account Number?
We have different ways of finding your UPS account number, and we have listed them below as follows:
- Dialing the UPS number at 1 (800) 742-5877
- You can also locate in on your hard copy invoice or electronically for those signed up for UPS Billing Center
- Using the tracking number of packages that were sent using your UPS account
UPS Tracking Statuses
Below are some of the UPS package statuses and their meanings.
|Arrival Scan||Cargo has reached a UPS center|
|At Local Post Office||The USPS has received packages pending their handing over to UPS for sending back to initial senders|
|Clearance Completed||The clearing process has ended|
|Clearance in Progress||The clearance process is going on|
|Delivered||The cargo has arrived at its designated destination and the arrival time and date noted down by the delivering UPS center|
|Departure Scan||The shipped items have left one UPS center and are heading to another one as they head to their final destination|
|Destination Scan||The cargo has reached the last UPS center that will finally deliver it to its address|
|Exception: Action Required||The package is within the UPS network but lacks sufficient information necessary for delivering to the final destination. Therefore, the sender needs to provide it to facilitate a smooth delivery of the package to its desired recipient|
|Export Scan||The cargo has completed all the export procedures in the country of origin|
|Import Scan||The cargo has undergone all the export requirements in the destination nation|
|In Transit||The sender has processed the package, and UPS is shipping it to its desired destination|
|Order Processed: In Transit to UPS||The sender has processed the order, and it’s on the way to the next UPS station|
|Order Processed: Ready for UPS||UPS has gotten an electronic alert with the shipping and billing information from the sender. The courier will update the tracking status once the order arrives in its network|
|Origin Scan||The parcel has arrived at UPS|
|Returned to Sender||The shipped items returned to the sender|
|Return to Sender||UPS is returning the shipment to sender after failing to deliver to a designated address after making two to three delivery attempts on a weekday|
|On Vehicle for Delivery||The cargo arrived a local UPS facility and it has assigned it to a driver to drop it to its desired address|
|Shipment Information Voided||That information is null and void|
|Transferred to Local Post Office for Delivery||The sender has requested UPS to give the parcel to the USPS to deliver their package to the recipient. The sender will need to give the UPS one or two extra days to deliver the package because it will pass on the final delivery into the hands of another company over which it has no control|
UPS Freight Services
- Reliable service with a guarantee of on-time delivery
- Delivery of goods to all 50 states, Canada, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Guam.
- Regional, interregional and long-distance cargo transportation - all with one shipment.
- More than 20,000 traffic lanes
- Intercontinental service
UPS Ground Shipping
- Guaranteed delivery
- Unlimited delivery within one to five days
- The economical choice for all your routine shipments with favorable ground shipping rates
- Guaranteed delivery lets you know in advance when your shipment will be delivered
The UPS Store is a subsidiary of United Parcel Service which provides:
- UPS shipping services;
- Packing services;
- Office/packing supplies;
- Mailbox services;
- Copying (B/W and Color);
- Faxing (send/receive);
- Document finishing services (laminating, collating, binding);
- Passport photos;
To find a UPS Store near you, click on “ups store near me”.
How Late Does UPS Deliver?
The UPS Ground service delivers during all weekdays between 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.( or at times) later to different addresses. UPS can’t schedule these deliveries to arrive at a specific time of the day.
What Time Does UPS Deliver?
All deliveries happen during the regular working hours between 9 AM and 7 PM or, at times, later. However, air deliveries can be scheduled to arrive at specific hours of the day.
UPS Weekend Services
HUPS Saturday Delivery Services
Saturday delivery is available for a handful of common UPS delivery services, including:
- UPS Next Day Air Early;
- UPS Next Day Air;
- UPS 2nd Day Air;
- UPS 3 Day Select;
- UPS Ground.
- UPS Worldwide Express Plus;
- UPS Worldwide Express;
- UPS Worldwide Express Freight.
Does UPS Deliver on Sunday?
UPS Express Critical Domestic Shipping - is the only UPS shipping method for your Sunday parcels. For a small additional charge that varies by departure, you can deliver your parcel on Sunday to anywhere in the United States or Puerto Rico.
- Available flight, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year;
- A full range of services including international, land, manual and charter flights;
- Fast delivery and door-to-door reliability give you peace of mind.
To reserve this service, you need to contact UPS directly in one of two ways:
- Call 1-800-714-8779 from the United States or Canada;
- Email email@example.com.
How to Find UPS Lost Packages or Missing Mail?
If packages don’t arrive 24 hours after the expected date and time, a recipient or sender can report the matter to UPS. Afterward, the tracking process begins to establish the package’s status. If the search confirms that the item is lost, the sender can lodge a claim.
How to Send a UPS Package?
To dispatch anything using UPS, you should follow the following simple process:
- Find out if UPS ships to your desired destination
- Ensure that UPS ships the type contents you intend to send
- Choose the local or international delivery service that suits your needs best
- Consider insurance needs especially if you are shipping internationally
- Get your UPS supplies to pack your items
- Address your shipment with a label carefully. When addressing your package, use CAPS only for better legibility. Also, use less than five lines to address your parcel. You will need to include your recipient’s name, street name, town or metropolis, major subdivision such as a state, province, or country. Remember to include your return address just in case cargo fail to arrive at its desired address
Next, you have to prepare your shipment. You should include the following details at the top right corner of your cargo:
- The index to be recharged
- The desired shipping service
- Your package contents if the shipment contains over 16 ounces
- Attach return address to your parcel’s top left corner
- Place your recipient’s address in the middle of your parcel. For items requiring a custom form, you ought to attach it to the bottom left of your package’s corner
- Dispatch the parcel by placing it on your outgoing mail or taking the package to the UPS Mail service before 3 PM
- Check your UPS shipping charges
- Perform your ups shipping tracking
How much does it cost to ship a package by UPS?
Shipping rates are based on origin, destination, service, package weight, and other factors. Calculate Time and Cost helps you compare delivery times and published rates for sending UPS shipments to destinations around the world.
|Maximum volume||Declared value||Item|
XS: 1-100 in3
|From $ 8.80||Sunglasses, T-shirt
S: 101-250 in3
|From $ 11.50||Kindle eBooks
M: 251-650 in3
|From $ 13.90||Shoebox
L: 651-1.050 in3
Very large packaging
|From $ 18.40||Correct basketball
14 inch laptop
|XL: 1.051-1.728 in3||From $ 22.85||Small appliances
The UPS Simple Rate applies to packages of various shapes and sizes up to 50 pounds and sizes up to 1.728 inches.
|Maximum Volume||Up to 1,728 in3|
|Shipping Speeds||UPS Ground, 3 Day Select, 2nd Day Air and Next Day Air Saver|
|Shipping Rates||National Flat Rate|
Get all information about Shipping rates.
Also, you can reach the company via email. However, you will need to get the local UPS contact if you are pursuing an issue with your local office. So, it’s beneficial to check your national contact details by visiting the UPS website and finding the contact details specifically for your location.